Alright, I know Labor might be in the title – but I make this for my husband too… When we were attempting to kick sugar and processed products to the curb, that meant my husbands beloved sports drinks. We started making these at home and they ended up being a huge helping hand in my birth story! I may not have ate a lick that day but I did drink my labor aide to keep my hydrated — my favorite flavor? Coconut lime!!
Source: How To Make A Labor-Aid Electrolyte Drink – MommypotamusMommypotamus |
Coconut & Lime Labor Aid
- 3 cups coconut water
- 1 cup water (or more, based on how strong you prefer the flavor to be)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (lemon is delicious too!)
- 1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt or real salt
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (or more to taste)
- a few drops of Concentrace minerals drops (optional – but I add these to ensure I am intaking the minerals I may be lacking)
Mommypotamus has a lemon version as well, but I wanted to share my favorite and my secret weapon for the day I gave birth to my son.. Plus it’s a favorite on the regular in our household. I hope you enjoy!
If you’re curious on why I won’t put Gatorade and other brand name sports drinks into my body – it’s due to the amount of chemically processed and refined sugar along with many other awful ingredients. There’s a great article by the Food Babe about its contents and why to avoid it.
-Essentially a Mom